Deciding which Agent to instruct to let your property can for some Landlords be a very daunting thought.

As a homeowner or Investment Landlord who has taken care and pride in their property, you want to ensure that your Letting Agent will find Tenants that will continue to maintain the property to the highest possible standard as well as pay their rental on time and in full.

As a Letting Agent we have a careful selection process of all Tenants. As a company we take a personal interest in providing you with the best possible service.

Our staffs has an in-depth knowledge of both the Letting market, to achieve the best possible rent for your property and the technical know how to oversee and manage your property for a hassle free term of tenancy.

Further more, our Letsure Insurance policy can provide you with extra peace of mind. The special rental warranty scheme assures you that whatever happens to your Tenant the rental will always be paid (subject to terms and conditions of an insurance policy).

Whatever your needs, whether you are unable to sell your existing home or are an investment Landlord professionally involved within the property market we are sure to have the answer for you. Our specialist rental valuers and management team is always at hand to provide you with advice at all times as well as securing you the correct Tenant for your property.

This information brochure will advise you fully on the letting of your property plus give you a complete explanation of the range of services we can provide for you.

Upon receipt of your written instructions of our Letting and Management Terms of Business, indication which service you require we will immediately prepare full details of your property for general marketing and circulation to our perspective Tenants.

The Services

Advise on current market conditions and preparation of property

Agree the market rent
Prepare property details, market the property and advertising on Zoopla and Rightmove etc
Erect board in accordance with Town & Country Planning Act 1990
Carry out accompanied viewings
Negotiate offers and instruct referencing
Prepare tenancy agreements (fee applies)
Register deposit with Tenancy Deposit Scheme (fee applies)
Collect and remit initial month’s rent
Provide tenant with method of payment
Deduct any pre - tenancy invoice
Make any HMRC deduction and provide tenant with NRL8 (if relevant)
(In Addition to the Letting Service)

Agree the market rent
Prepare property details, market the property and advertising on Zoopla and Rightmove etc
Erect board in accordance with Town & Country Planning Act 1990
Carry out accompanied viewings
Negotiate offers and instruct referencing
Prepare tenancy agreements (fee applies)
Register deposit with Tenancy Deposit Scheme (fee applies)
Collect and remit initial month’s rent
Provide tenant with method of payment
Deduct any pre - tenancy invoice
Make any HMRC deduction and provide tenant with NRL8 (if relevant)
Deduct commission and other works
Pursue non payment of rent and provide advice on rent arrear actions
Arrange gas safety certificate (fee applies)
Chase rent arrears
Name transfer on utility suppliers
Hold keys throughout tenancy
Arrange inventory (fee applies)
Arrange check in / out
Deal with daily management and arrange repairs with approved contractors
Three house inspections per annum and providing a written report
Negotiate return of deposit
(Subject to an Insurance Policy)

This ‘peace of mind’ service will provide the Landlord with that extra security should there ever be any shortfall of rent or the Tenant breaches their tenancy obligations and leaves the property with outstanding rent due.

The rental can be fully protected through and inexpensive reliable insurance rental warranty policies which can be activated for you at the start of the tenancy should you require it.

Details of the Rental Warranty Scheme are available at request.

Please Note: (br) This service mentioned is subject to the conditions set out in our Terms of Business and insurance policies.

Landlord Information

All prospective Tenants are interviewed before being recommended. If accepted full referencing will then take place via an independent referencing Agency called Letsure, a manual referencing system will be used where the following references will be obtained where possible.

•Personal reference
•Previous Landlord (if applicable)
•Guarantor (if applicable)
From 6 April 2007, all deposits taken by landlords and letting agents for Assured Shorthold Tenancies in England and Wales, must be protected by a tenancy deposit protection scheme.

The government has awarded contracts to three companies to run tenancy deposit protection schemes:

The first month’s rental is collected in advance. It will be up to the Landlord to collect any future rents from the Tenant if we are providing a Letting only service.

If you chose the Management services the rent is paid into your Bank Account or forwarded onto you within ten working days each time the rental is paid by the Tenant.
A Tenancy will be prepared for all Tenants to sign before moving into the property (except where the Landlord provides there own).

The Agreement will include comprehensive terms for the Tenants to adhere to. Under the Housing Act 1988 (amended 1996) an Assured Shorthold Tenancy will be used, except in cases of a company let then the relevant company Agreement will be drafted as with an Assured tenancy. The Standard Notice for repossession will also be drafted to bring the tenancy to an end at the expiry.
An inventory should be prepared to ensure that all items of Furniture, Fixtures and Fittings left at the property are recorded and their condition noted.

The Tenants deposit will be held against any damages or excess wear and tear shown against the inventory.

The inventory can be provided by the Landlord or by us. Further detail of this service is provided in our Terms of Business.

Landlord Check List

You should notify your Building Society or Bank if the property is mortgaged that you are thinking of letting the property. It is usually one of the conditions of your mortgage that you apply for permission to sub let the property.

We also recommend that your building and content Insurers are advised OF your plans as they too may need altering to cover a third part residing at the property. (We can assist in recommending specialist insurance companies dealing with insurance’s for rented properties. Please speak to a member of staff).
It is also wise to check that if the property is a lease hold that you confirm with the freeholder that there are no restrictions or covenant which prevents you from letting the property and the Tenants must adhere to during the Tenancy period.
If you are going to reside outside the UK we are bound under the Taxes Management Act 1970, Section 78 and 83 to assess you at the basic rate of income tax (variable) due from rents we collect on your behalf if you are not “self assessing” your own tax.

We should receive a letter of confirmation from your Accountant and Tax Office confirming that they accept liability for payment of your tax. (Please see your Accountant for self-assessment advice).

Alternatively, we can instruct a Tax Specialist or Tax Adviser who can give you advice or can be employed by you to take care of your tax affairs whilst abroad. (See our Terms of Business).
It is important to have several keys cut, for the property enough for each adult Tenant due to move into your property plus a set for our Management Department for security and access if so required.

Legal Costs

Should there be at any time any need to take legal action against the Tenant for what so ever reason the Landlord will be responsible for this action plus any necessary costs incurred. For managed property assistance will be given to the Landlord with regards to documentation and administration with reference to the tenancy.

Transfer of Services

If you have employed us as your Managing Agents the only service that we are not able to transfer for you is the telephone, as BT or cable will only deal with the subscriber and not with a third party. Please, therefore, arrange transfer on the day the Tenants take occupation if possible. Your assistance will also be welcome with any final meter readings or notification of services.

If we are not managing the property, you will need to arrange the following: -

Gas and Electricity

Inform them of the date of transfer to the new Tenants, plus their names the meter reading and your forwarding address in order that they can send you a closing account.

Water Rates will become the Tenant’s responsibility in most cases, but please advise them of your new forwarding address. If your water charges are on meter the tenant is responsible and a meter reading and date of transfer needs to be supplied to the Authority together with you’re forwarding address.
Once again this is payable by the Tenant during the tenancy. Please advise the Local Authority the date of transfer to the new Tenant and of your forwarding address in order that they can send you a closing account.
It is best to arrange the transfer for the actual day that your Tenants will be moving in. If there is a break between subscribers, there can be a charge depending on the length of time that the service has been disconnected.
The Post Office offers a service to redirect your mail, which we recommend you, arrange prior to vacating the property for the term of the tenancy.

You should also inform your bank, employers, friends and family who are likely to write to you and inform them of your new address.
Whether requiring a Letting only service or Management services, Landlords have the responsibility for the safety of both the Tenant and their own property during the tenancy.

The following regulations must be adhered to without fail by the Landlord and as Agents we must ensure that they are carried out.
All soft furnishings such as settees, sofa, beds, padded chairs, pillows cushions and so on must comply with the Fire Resistance requirements contained within the regulations.

Items of furniture made prior to 1950 are termed as antiques and as such are excluded from the regulations.

Usually a label is attached to the item of furniture to confirm it is acceptable. We will at all times check your furniture and advise you accordingly to the best of our ability.
A qualified Engineer (Gas Safe or British Gas) must also check all gas appliance and installations within the accommodation, on an annual basis for its safe use.

This includes such items as Gas Fires, Central Heating boilers, Gas cookers and other gas appliances. It also insists that flues and chimneys are clear of obstructions and in the correct place.

The engineer must issue a certificate and a copy presented to the Tenant at the start of any tenancy.

Any items that fail to comply with the regulations must be fixed or removed immediately.
These regulations require that all Electrical equipment left at the property be ''safe and of no risk or injury to human or animal''.

They should be checked that flexes, fuses and electrical out put are safe and correct. Items that must comply are all portable electrical items such as electric cooker, fridge’s, washing machines, kettles, toasters etc.

As agents w can not guarantee which items are safe or not and will recommend that a qualified electrician checks these items (a charge will be made). This can Be carried out by your own electrician.

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rates the energy efficiency of a property and its carbon emissions, and suggests ways to improve its energy efficiency. Since October 2008, all homes sold or rented out require an EPC, and the energy ratings had to be displayed on any Property Particulars, however the regulations changed on 6th April 2012 to attach the front page of the EPC to any property particulars.
Important Note:

This is only a brief guide to the regulations. Further information and details are provided in our Terms of Business and by asking a member of staff.

Terms & Conditions of Business

This brochure has been compiled as a guide to Landlords and does not form or is in any way a substitute to our Terms and Conditions of Business.

Once, instructions have been received to let your property our terms and conditions of business will be provided, detailing further the services, charges and conditions for you to read and sign if you are in agreement.